Sunday, September 27, 2009

scene 7, day 2

"No boy is worth crying over and the one who is won't make you cry." --saying on my t-shirt

"May we never let the things we can't have, or don't have, or shouldn't have, spoil our enjoyment of the things we do have and can have."

slowly but confidently, i am getting through this. i have learned that day two equals freedom. I am free. Finally! For the first time in a long time I feel alive and free! I got up and went to church and felt as if the sermon was just for me. I was excited and happy to be around my brother and sister-in-law and her family and Michael. We had fun and then I came here and enjoyed my evening. I have this wonderful feeling soaring through my entire body. I am free. Everywhere that was filled with the pain and hurt is now replaced by God, the one who should have been there in the first place, but I stupidly let something else take His place. I still have memories floating about in the spaces of my mind. They overtake some thoughts and block out others. I try to shut them out as best I can, but it is to be expected right? I am still confused about everything that has been going on, but it just doesn't matter. The point is that the sun is out and I am dancing in the light-filled streets as rays of sunshine surround me. I heard some songs today that really caught my attention and made me feel a lot better. These are the ones:

God will make a way,
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way, He will make a way.



I've heard it said that Love is blind
It's never afraid, patient and kind
I've heard it said Love's all you need
And that it is a many splendored thing

I've heard people sing of Love at first sight
And how it's so wrong, and how it's so right
It lifts you up, it lets you down
But I have found...

Chorus

Love is a Cross
And Love let it be
Love is saving you
Love is saving me
The blood and the nails
A body so bruised
A Holy heart was broken
That's how he chose to prove
Love is a Cross

I've read that Love is just a myth
It's only a crutch, it doesn't exist
It's something the world cannot achieve
But I believe...

Repeat Chorus

Bridge
Peace is like a rushing river
Hope is paradise
Joy's an overflowing fountain
Love paid the price...Cause

No comments:

Post a Comment