Monday, February 21, 2011

A New Story

Have you ever looked back on the past year and really thought about it? All the things you accomplished, all the things you failed at, and the things you wish you'd done just a bit differently. Well I most definitely have before. 2010 was one interesting year for me. Overall, I had some great times last year and I had some tough times too. However, I don't think I would change one thing about it. I learned a lot from my past and I know that I have grown from it. I can see it in myself.

Several times this year, I have had people ask me why I keep smiling. It's not a conscious thing. I don't even realize I'm doing it. I'm just happy. I'm stressed from school, but happy. I love my friends and family. I have become closer with some people and re-established some old friendships again. Now that's not to say that I haven't had a few bad things happen already. Of course I have. But, I have not cried at all about anything. It just doesn't matter enough for me to worry about it. Yes, I finally learned to stop worrying so much!!! I really am a happier person.

I believe that my happiness has really grown because my relationship with God has developed even more. I can feel him in me and only want to please him with everything I do. God helped me so much through 2010 and all my 21 years. He has always been there for me. I think it's just time for me to feel like I deserve that.

I titled this "A New Story" because with a new year, comes a new chapter. I, however; have been writing this like a movie script so that doesn't work very well. I think that this year is going to be better and different. This entire school year has been much better than last year and I just hope that 2011 will continue with that.


And now, today's song (which keeps getting stuck in my head, as it is on my Sleep Playlist): Happy Days Are Here Again

So long sad times
Go long bad times
We are rid of you at last

Howdy gay times
Cloudy gray times
You are now a thing of the past

Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
So let's sing a song of cheer again
Happy days are here again

Altogether shout it now
There's no one
Who can doubt it now
So let's tell the world about it now
Happy days are here again

Your cares and troubles are gone
There'll be no more from now on
From now on ...

Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
So, Let's sing a song of cheer again

Happy times
Happy nights
Happy days
Are here again!

No comments:

Post a Comment